Thursday, August 24, 2006

Why aren't you married

Comebacks to the age old question - "Why aren't you married yet?"
  • You haven't asked yet.
  • I was hoping to do something meaningful with my life.
  • What? And spoil my great life?
  • Because I just love hearing this question.
  • It gives my mother something to live for.
  • My fiance is awaiting parole.
  • I'm still hoping for a shot at Miss America.
  • I'm waiting until I get to be your age.
  • It didn't seem worth a blood test.
  • I already have enough laundry to do, thank you.
  • I'd have to forfeit my billion dollar trust fund.
  • What? And lose all the money I've invested in running personal ads?
  • I don't want to have to support another person on my paycheck.
  • Why aren't you thin?
  • I'm married to my career, although recently we have been considering a trial separation.

No comments: