Saturday, April 15, 2006

Weird Questions Asked To Librarians

* "Do you have that book by Rushdie: 'Satanic Nurses'?"

* "Where is the reference desk?" This was asked of a person sitting at a desk who had, hanging above her head, a sign saying "REFERENCE DESK"!

* "Do you have a list of all the books written in the English language?"

* "I was here about three weeks ago looking at a cookbook that cost $39.95. Do you know which one it is?"

* "Can you tell me why so many famous Civil War battles were fought on National Park sites?"

* "Do you have any books with photographs of dinosaurs?"

* "I need a photocopy of Abraham Lincoln's birth certificate."

* "Do you have a list of all the books I've ever read?"

* "I am looking for a list of laws that I can break that would send me back to jail for a couple of months."

No comments: