Monday, October 09, 2006

Things I'd Like to Hear, Just Once

From my auto mechanic:
  • "That part is much less expensive than I thought."
  • "I've never seen anyone maintain his car as well as you do."
  • "You could get that done more cheaply at the garage down the street."
  • "It was just a loose wire. No charge."

From my son's preschool teacher:
  • "Everyone misbehaved today except Michael."
  • "Michael traded his candy bar for carrot sticks."
  • "I wish we had 20 Michaels."

From a store clerk:
  • "The computerized cash register is down. I'll just add up your purchases with a pencil and paper."
  • "I'll take a break after I finish waiting on these customers."
  • "We're sorry we sold you defective merchandise. We'll pick it up at your home and bring you a new one or give you a complete refund, whichever you prefer."

From my doctor:
  • "Of course I'll come by your house to check on you."
  • "Give me a call at home over the weekend if you're not feeling better."
  • "Sure, come on by this afternoon, we'll work you in."
  • "I'll call ahead and let them know the most you will pay for that test."
  • "Here, take these samples."
  • "Don't worry about it, there's no charge for that."
  • "I recommend you get a second opinion."

From a contractor:
  • "Whoever worked on this before sure knew what he was doing."
  • "I think I came in a little high on that estimate."

From my dentist:
  • "I think you're flossing too much."
  • "I won't ask you any questions until I take the pick out of your mouth."

From a restaurant server:
  • "I think it's presumptuous for a waiter to volunteer his name, but since you ask, it's Tim."
  • "I was slow and inattentive. I cannot accept any tip."

No comments: